Tuesday, January 5, 2010

That First Kiss


January 5, 2010


I woke up this morning thinking, I need something sexy tonight. I want something sexy tonight, I am CRAVING something sexy tonight. I then thought of what the last thing sexy I saw could have been and why this morning I was feeling so...so...erotic.

Before going to sleep last night I watched an interview with Argentinean polo player and Ralph Lauren Model Nacho Figueras. The way he talked about polo in and of itself sounded like romance. But I believe it was his lust for his country that made me wonder what was so romantic and sexy.

"I am going to drink a wine from Argentina tonight." I found myself proclaiming out loud to, well, no one in my car at 9:30 this morning.

Now, I am by no stretch of the imagination a world traveler, nor do I even pretend to know anything about Argentina, so this is my quick little lesson to all of you who are sitting and wondering the same thing, what is so special about this country?

Argentina is the second largest country in South America and is best known for the city of Buenos Aries. It is the largest Spanish speaking country as well. The earliest evidence of humans in Argentina was in Patagonia, and dates 11,000 BC.

The climate ranges from subtropical in the north to subpolar in the south.

Moving forward, the wine I picked tonight is Navarro Correas. Its a 2007 Syrah and let me say, its magic in a glass. Its yet again another cold night here in Philadelphia and as I mentioned, I was looking for something sexy and romantic, I was almost a little scared to open the wine praying I would not be disappointed. This wine reminds me an amazing first kiss. Your palms are sweaty, your heart is beating, your mind draws a blank and your body feels like its about to fall apart. And then your lips touch, soft to the touch, warm and perfectly fitting. With a slight opening tongues touch and a surge of electricity rushes through you. You feel your body give way to temptation and pleasure. Your senses open up and everything else around you shuts down. Yeah, I just described my first sip of this sensual yet sensible wine.

You feel the oak right up front but if you leave the wine to dance in your mouth you start to taste the dark berries and rich spice, allowing the juice to float back and you finish your intimate moment with this Spanish lover, you are left with the velvet tones of vanilla.

So I ask you, have you ever had a glass of wine that made you want more, feel more and hope for more? So ladies, slip on something sexy and men, turn down the lights, crack open this bottle of wine and get ready for magic to happen.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Dlacy22 said...

Ohhh my friend what a great description. Syrah is my favorite type of red, and I am definatly going to try Navarro Correas....

Phillydiamond said...

D - I have been known to enjoy a good Syrah but this is one in a million. I never knew it could be so amazing! Please go out as quickly as you can and buy it!

Chameleon Multifaceted said...

I hope they have this here in Utah. Supply is limited on anything not mainstream but I'm really really hoping to kiss this bottle :)

Phillydiamond said...

Hill, let me know if they don't, I will be more than happy to send you a bottle!