Monday, January 11, 2010

7






Hello to all! Tonight was rare, and when I say rare I mean it was 7 out of 10 rare. I had a bottle of 2007 Gambbiano Chianti that there were only 10 brought over from Italy and I had the 7th bottle and yes, the number 7 was actually written on the bottle. Now, I didn't want to be the tacky guest that took a picture of the bottle so you will just have to take my word on it.

I did however, yank the cork for my collection. Now, one would think an amazing Italian dinner would follow, but how surprised will you be when I tell you that I had it with sushi?

I know, I was a bit surprised when my guest showed up with this bottle to a BYOB, but he knew that I was trying all of these different wines these days and "just pulled it from his collection."

So, let me start off by saying that, this wine was big, it was so big that with the first sip, I thought, 'Oh lord, here we go!' We ordered spicy tuna, followed by Amber Jack, Yellow Tail, Sake, Spider Rolls, Crab, Lobster, and a few maki rolls to follow. As the sushi continued to hit the table the wine continued to flow. #7 was quickly becoming #1.

I actually said, "I never thought Chianti would go well with sushi!" I did however at one point find myself thinking, I nice Pinot Grigio would be fantastic right about now.

This wine was luscious, and full of flavor one that could easily be had all night long. It made me long for a comfortable pair of pajamas and a beautiful fireplace. Soft music and a slice of tiramisu.

This Chianti made me feel cute, jovial and sweet, I was relaxed and calm. Its a shame that only 10 of these bottles were brought over, but I am so pleased to know that I was able to enjoy #7.

When paired with the meal I would say, yes, it was a 7 out of 10, but it would have been better paired with pasta or a cream based dish. A shonda if you ask me, but yet at the same time, a pleasure to drink.

I digress, thanking all of my friends that have made me a published author on facebook. You have all made a huge dream of mine come true. Only bigger and better things can come in the future.

A big thank you to Clark for my Pinto Grigio that I cant wait to talk about in the coming days. I know a lot of you have been asking, when am I going to talk about white wines, and I promise you, they will be coming. Others have been asking if I am going to be reading books or taking classes on wine, or learning how they are made. I answer you in this fashion. Yes, but, I want you all to learn with me. We are all on budgets these days, and I want this to be a learning and growing experience for all of us. I don't want to feel that I HAVE to be an expert right away, I want you all to share with me your favorite wines, your experiences and feed me with what you feel is your favorite juice. There is nothing better than learning by sharing. So, I ask you this of my readers, friends and lovers of wine. Lets learn together, tell me what you want to know about, tell me what is on your mind, tell me what you want to hear, let me help you. Let me listen to you.

I love you all and I want to be a part of your journey as well. Always remember....drink safe, love full and be true to being happy!

Cheers!

No comments: