Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home Sweet Casa








I was exhausted tonight when I got home from work. I didn't get in the door until after 8pm and I was cold, tired and ready for my day to be over. I was happy to be home!

After leaving work I went to the GRAND OPENING of the Whole Foods which is in the same parking lot of which I work. Now, I was told that this Whole Foods was going to be the largest in the North East, but I really was not prepared for what I was in for. This was a mecca of shopping, fresh produce, fish, meats, dairy, breads, hot foods, cold food, warm foods, salads, soups, sauces, pasta made to order, pizza made to order. Oh the cheese...Don't even get me started on the cheese. I spent at least 15 minuets picking out some cheese. An olive bar, crackers, chips, chocolate chips, marshmallows, juices, jams, nuts, grains, socks, shampoo, t-shirts, BBQ sauce. Yes, its here, its all here. And guess what else, guess what else this amazing heaven on earth has??? It has a Pub! It has a wonderland, an adult wonderland where you can go and eat and drink wine for $1 or beer for $3.

If my cart was not full with chicken and pasta salad I would have pulled up a stool and made myself comfortable. But I think I may have found myself a second home here at the new Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting! Oh and did I mention they even have a Kosher section? Yeah, they do! I am in love!

Okay, so, upon arriving in my warm house I thought, 'you know, I might actually be too tired to actually have a glass of wine tonight and blog.' It as then while preparing my dinner (oven roasted chicken in a tortilla with corn and enchilada sauce) that I looked over at the bottle I had purchased last week and the name on the bottle was far too fitting for me to even pass up the opportunity.

Casa.

Casa is my French Cabernet Sauvignon. It is a 2008 and an award winning wine. It is from the label Lapostolle. I had inadvertently let my glass sit for about an hour before even taking the first sip, my dinner got cold, but my packages were put away and laundry was done. When I finally sat to take my first sip and look up this new drink, I found out that "it is best to leave open for an hour to breath." Oh, my friends, I am so happy that I did. With just a touch of spice at the front and huge fruit at the back this Cabernet is very pleasing. I can taste the black spice on the sides of my tongue, but the red ripe fruit has an amazing finish. It is paired perfectly with my roasted chicken. It is suggested to pair it with BBQ, but I feel that the sauce might be a little too sweet for a wine such as this.

I would not recommend this wine to be eaten with cheese. I know, would you ever hear me say something like that? One thing that comes to mind quickly would be peanut butter. If I had dare made my way over to the baked goods today and bought something to tempt the sweet tooth, this wine would make this house a home!

Cheers!

No comments: