Friday, January 22, 2010

Paradise Found





Hello everyone. I am back from a few sick days, thank you to everyone for your get well messages.

After a long day and even longer week, I met Clark (Rachel, for those of you who don't know) at our favorite little hot spot. WHOLE FOODS! As I have mentioned before, they have a Pub inside. This was actually my first time at the Pub but Clark is an old pro as the Pub, so I had her show me the ropes. You get a pre-paid card and can try any of their wines or beer starting at $1 for a taster, or, $6 for a glass, all the way up to the price of a bottle of wine, or jug of beer.

You can buy packaged beer, but in order to buy a bottle of wine you must purchase food from their small, but very eclectic menu. Clark ordered a salad with cranberries, oranges and goat cheese, while I ordered a veggie cheeseburger, but this was like no other veggie burger, this was made with all fresh products and even had peas, whole peas in it, that's when you know its fresh! We then both got a bottle of, 2008 Beaujolais.

Beaujolais is a French Appellation wine which the grape has a very thin skin and is low in tannins. At first sip you can taste the sweet fruit this wine puts forward. Strawberry and juicy, this wine is simple to sip on. This light wine could easily be paired with a light salad with oil and vinegar, pasta with a simple tomato sauce or a few slices of turkey with roasted new potatoes.

It was a special treat to spend just an hour with a great friend over a glass of red, a healthy meal in this perfect little Pub.

I have to say, this Whole Foods just keeps getting better and better. I can eat, drink, buy milk, and toilet paper, all at the same time. Thank you G-d for such a wonderful creation!

Cheers!

2 comments:

lotzkelly said...

It's a joy reading your blogs about Whole Foods because I felt the same way when I first discovered this treasure in Phoenix! You described it perfectly-- it's Paradise. I remember hearing about how fantastic it was last year, so Jim & I went to buy a few grocery items. Bad plan. We preceeded to spend our entire Saturday at the store, got tipsy (maybe closer to drunk), ate, watched football, tasted wine, & bought way too many exotic items that we could not pronounce.

I would caution people to carve out several hours, and maybe even have a DD set up if they plan to experience Whole Foods for the first time! It's an adventure.

In fact, come to think of it, I might just go this weekend...:)

Unknown said...

I really do think this is one of the most amazing places! Its sad when people ask, "where do you like to go in Philly?" Now my new answer is Whole Foods. How sad is that? I mean, I would still go get my regular groceries at Super Target but the fact that I can experience so many other amazing things at Whole Foods is just fantastic.

I acutally just set up a play date with a girlfriend and her new born at Whole Foods. They even have a place where kids can play. I would get a job working for them, but then how could I enjoy this little piece of paradise if I worked there?

Where is the one in Phoenix?