Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Second Sip

Everyone has been asking me, "Really Amanda, a bottle a night?" No, I am not drinking a bottle a night. First of all, one could not only go broke doing that, but yea I think it would be fair to say, call an intervention.

I was talking with my girlfriend Jennifer today, and she had mentioned prior to my journey, a few different ways of apporoching it, drinking a bottle a week, drinking a glass a day, going to a wine tasting, you get the picture. So, when mentioning to her that I had two half bottles at home tonight, she told me to take it slow, let these bottles live a day or two or even three and find out how they taste in a few days.

WOW, I have to hand it to you Miss Moseley! Upon my first sip of my three day old Mark West I blinked hard and swallowed harder. Ugh, 'okay, I just need to relax into it' I told myself. It was the second sip, the magic sip, it was warm and soft, soothing and sweet. It made my eyes actually roll back in my head and my heart pound hard. It made me thirsty for a second and a third sip.

Nearing the end of my first glass, I knew this bottle did not stand a chance to see the end of the night.

Here I sit, with just about a glass left and so excited to curl up in bed. Feeling warm from this beautiful wine and knowing that 'on the third day, the second sip...was perfect.'

Cheers!

2 comments:

Chameleon Multifaceted said...

remind me again.... what's wrong with a bottle a night? Hey, no intervention needed... I'm in grad school! :)

Chameleon Multifaceted said...

that being said... I do like to make sure the wine I buy has a good shelf life. Have you seen Andrea Immer's wine guides? She talks about that sort of thing. I've discovered lots of good wine with her books. BTW- I really like this blog idea. Wish I would have thought of it!!!