Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby Therapy







There is something to be said for the sweet smile and kind eyes of a baby looking up at you to smooth over any bad mood.

When I agreed to meet Dana and Adriana at Whole Foods for a stroll and glass of wine I had no idea how therapeutic it really would be to hold this beautiful little girl in my arms.

Adriana was fast asleep when Dana came into the store, but the lights, the sounds and smells pulled that little girl right out of her nap. Where better to wake up, than the cheese section! She looked me right in the eye and her sweet little hand reached up for me. I didn't care that the man behind us was reaching for the Gouda or that there was a woman trying to make her way over to the Fetta, I just wanted to hold that baby. We caused a huge traffic jam as Dana pulled little baby A.D. from the confines of her car seat.

LOVE, Love was written on her shirt and how fitting could that be for when I put her cheek up to my lips and drew in a deep breath of her scent I could actually feel my heart fill with LOVE! I found myself warm up around her, I felt my shoulders drop a little and a smile appear on my face. We made our way around the store, all the while talking and tasting, laughing and sharing. Every isle we walked down people smiled at little baby A.D. This beautiful little bundle of love caught everyones attention.

We finally settled into the Whole Foods Pub. To our great luck there were two over-stuffed chairs just waiting for us. We sampled a few wines until we both agreed on a 2008 Marcel Lapierre Morgon Beaujolais. Shockingly light in color but full of flavor, it was a friendly glass of wine. Short notes of cherry and vanilla were a noticed right away.

Dana, Adriana and I sat and enjoyed a bowl of black and green olives with sundried tomatoes and a veggie burger. We enjoyed our delicate and delightful wine, while Adriana drank her own bottle. The Thyme and fennel mixed with the olives really brought out the stone fruit flavors in our wine. It was a special treat on a rainy Sunday.

Looking around the Pub, I could not help but notice how people were staring at how beautiful, how sweet, how well behaved our precious little girl was. I saw one couple, the wife just staring in awe as her husband munched on a slice of pizza. Adriana draws happiness and love into everyones life.

As we sat and ate and drank and enjoyed our afternoon, A.D. placed her little head on Danas shoulder and took a little snooz. We sat and sipped, talked, ate, laughed and realized how important love and friendship really is. Its moments like these that you want to...well...like a great wine, bottle up and have for a lifetime.

The afternoon grew on it was time to get this little bundle of love home so her daddy could have some quality time with his girls. We made our way over to the salad bar and the cheese department. Picking out a few items to bring home, we then said our goodbyes. Not without all of the employees in the check out oooing and awwwing over her first. I had to chew on her little face a little more before I agreed to let her go. Sitting here now I have a bit of separation anxiety.

I feel that it was best said from the boys across the pond, "All you need is Love."

Cheers!