Monday, February 1, 2010

Put a Little Fire in Your Life




After the stress of the weekend, I wanted something to calm my nerves. I walked into the wine store tonight having no idea what to get. I walked from the Italian wine, to the French, Spanish and German. I didn't know. I grew frustrated until this beautiful dark bottle with a bright red label caught my eye.

Zen of Zin

The label looked as though it were on FIRE. Zen, I needed to bring my body and soul to a peaceful place. How could I go wrong?

It wasn't until I got home and read the label that I knew I was about to partake in something so much bigger than just a peaceful glass of wine. I was being given directions in how to enjoy it.

POUR OFTEN. Especially among friends
PAIR BOLDLY. With prime rib, roast chicken, pork and chocolate
EXPERIMENT FREELY. Bring to a party full of Chards
SEEK BEAUTY. Chocolate, toffee, and blackberry jam flavors
BREATH DEEPLY. Note the vanilla, plum and coffee aromas
SHARE WISDOM. And laughter, always laughter

When I poured my first glass I could not believe how dark this glass of wine was. I was ready for a thick, full body, heavy glass of wine. Whew was I shocked, it was sweet, smooth and FULL of flavor. The sweet berry hits you right away and before you know it, the chocolate and vanilla take over at the end.

I followed through on my promise to myself. Prior to me sitting down to Zenfully enjoy my night, I sent off my resume. I am putting my energy and my good thoughts, feelings and prayer out to the universe. I pray that it provides in the best way possible.

Zen of Zin is of course a 2007. Its from Sonoma, California and an amazing addition to my life. If you are not a red wine drinker, but long for something sweet, I promise you, this is a wine that will not disappoint. However, if you enjoy your wines to be dry and clean, this may not be a good pick. I am already thinking about enjoying this wine with my Andes mints!

Please friends, family loved ones and strangers alike, don't forget to pour often, pair boldly, experiment freely, seek beauty, breathe deeply and share your wisdom.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Chameleon Multifaceted said...

I LOVE THIS WINE!!!!! Just discovered it on Friday :)

Unknown said...

Isn't it a welcoming surprise? I had no idea that a wine could satisfy my sweet tooth! About to crack open the mints!!!!