Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LBD




Its snowing, AGAIN! I feel like we are going to be under this blanket of snow for the rest of time. I just can't seem to find the bright side of all of this snow. I have missed two days of work, the roads are a mess, my car does not drive as well as I would like it to, and to be honest, I have not shaved my legs in a week! Now that is being honest and being totally exposed!

After wearing yoga pants and long sleeved shirts for the past month, I thought I would try something a little different, something a little sexy, sweet and sophisticated. The Little Black Dress became a fashion icon in the 1920's when Coco Chanel introduced it as being affordable, versatile and long lasting. It can be simple or seductive depending on your mood.

After seeing the 2008 Little Black Dress Chardonnay, I knew this was something I had to have in my closet, or wine rack if you may. LBD, is a product of Hopland, CA. I was very excited to open this wine tonight, but after the first sip, I said out loud, "Oh, this is not what I wanted!" I was deflated, and depressed. But, like the perfect LBD, you really need to try it on to get an appreciation. With a very strong lemon front and heavy oak finish It has taken me about half of the glass now to decide, its not all that bad.

PT.2

I never finished that first glass. I was, well, otherwise sidetracked. Its a new night, and just as cold out, and yet again, expecting snow. I didn't get a chance to try this wine again until later tonight. As I opened the bottle it (yes, it, the bottle...don't you all know that wine is a living breathing thing), the bottle actually let out a sigh of relief. It wanted to breath, it wanted to sigh, it wanted me! And, you know what, I wanted it. More than I had ever wanted a glass of wine before. I had already made up my mind. I didn't care if it was going to taste good or not, I just wanted a freaking glass of wine. After the hell day I had today, the yelling, the complaining, the...the lady from New Jersey that, COULDN'T eat anything green, but was so pleased with the chicken lettuce wraps and then proceeded to hit on my boss. But thank goodness for the two lovely ladies at table 18. I hope you are reading this tonight because you made my day worth getting through. And ladies, I promise you, I will drink more red wine and...this white..well, its not that bad.

I digress...I needed this wine tonight, I needed it like cookies need milk, like a love story needs a happy ending, and well, like I need to be sitting on the beach...in maybe say, the Caymen Islands? I'm just saying.

How many of you are totally confused right now and saying, "wow, she drank the whole LBD!"

No, not yet, but trust, I WILL.

Okay, so you remember my first kiss of a wine? Well, LBD has proven that there is something more exciting than a first kiss, its a second sip. I did not, DID NOT like this wine after the first sip, it had the taste of Pledge, you know the stuff you spray on wood? Well, then I took one more sip before crying, before realizing, I HAVE NO OTHER WINE TO DRINK!!!!!!

Then, there was the second sip, okay, much better now. Like the second kiss, you get to explore a little more. You get to allow it to show its true colors. The second kiss you let your guard down a little more and not only do you let your lips feel but your whole body begins to experience the emotion, feeling and charge. I drank this wine, in one quick gulp wanting more, expecting more, gaining more. I began to appreciate how the body can give way to something greater than myself, my arms loosened up, my wrists felt loose and my fingers began to flow.

LBD has proven to me that even though I am not a white wine drinker, even though I probably will hang this LBD back up and see what the next season brings, you can always count on it being affordable, versatile and long lasting. Long live the Little Black Dress!



Cheers!

2 comments:

Chameleon Multifaceted said...

I've seen this at the store, but never bought it. I'm a red wine drinker year round, but stick to the whites in the summer. Maybe that's what you need.... save the whites for summer, pairing them with nice fresh foods...salads, fruits, more wine :)

Phillydiamond said...

Hill, I totally agree, I can drink a white in the summer, but I am having such a hard time this winter drinking these whites. Sorry everyone, but it looks like its going to take a warm day until I get back to the whites!