Thursday, May 6, 2010

And it was Goode!



I broke my first cork! Tonight I broke my first cork! I am now on my 37th bottle of wine, and tonight, well, I cracked the cork!

The weather has been, yet again, temperamental here in Philadelphia. Today we were pushing 90 degrees, and what better than an ice cold glass of wine to end a 2 hour long commute home? This 2008 Sauvignon Blanc is good. I mean really GOODE! Yes, it’s Murphy Goode Sauvignon Blanc Fume, and it’s light and fun, and refreshing. I think we all could use something like this from time to time.

When my friends found out I was drinking a white wine tonight, they were in shock, knowing how I love red wine, but dare I say there is something feminine and flirty about a glass of white wine in the evening? The citrus flavors of this wine are not overpowering, they are not acidic, they sit perfectly on the tip of my tongue and then wash away freely.

I feel that a good glass of wine should release you from the stresses and worries of your day, of your life and allow you to feel something unique. This Sauvignon Blanc out of Sonoma County allows me to reflect on the harshness of the day: the people, the work, the traffic, the noise, and… the broken cork. But, once I allow my shoulders to fall, my lips to relax and my breaths to steady, I realize life is Goode. It’s simple, it’s crisp and refreshing every single day.

Have you ever wanted to say “Who cares?” And really mean it? Honestly, really mean it? It’s fun, it’s freeing, it’s refreshing. And even if it was me talking to the bottle tonight as the cork sat sitting half in the bottle and half on the wine key, I thought, “who cares?” I knew I was going to get the cork out, and I knew I would enjoy the wine one way or another, and I am. Oh good lord, I am!

Ladies, think of that pretty dress you have been waiting all winter long to put on and wear with your favorite open toe shoes, as your fresh pedicure sparkles and your smooth skin welcomes the touch from another. The sun kisses your face and you glow with a sense of beauty. Yup, this is the wine.

Guys…uurgh, whoa, I got nothing for ya’ on this one, but think of how much fun that lady is going to be once you get her in your arms. The softness of her hands on your face, the way her hair feels as she brushes up against you, the sweet smell of her neck. When you kiss her, you taste the sweet fresh fruit on her lips.

Life gets crazy, it tries to break us, but take a moment and just be still, take a sip, take two, don’t worry about that cork that has broken because it’s what inside that really matters.

Cheers!
<3 to MP

No comments: